Sunday, March 31, 2013

Young Frankenstein


            Well after years of my friends telling me to watch this movie I finally did. I am familiar with the story of Frankenstein, like the majority of people are. So I was expecting dark humor and to my surprise it was the opposite.

            I am not sure how to describe the humor. It seemed natural and effortless. Like if you had a conversation with someone and they make a funny remark about a subject. The humor was funny without trying too hard. At parts it was exaggerated like when Frau Blücher was playing the violin and replying “yes!” to Dr. Frankenstein as he was figuring out who was playing the violin earlier. It was also unexpected humor. Like when Igor said, “Wait Master, it might be dangerous... you go first. “ When someone says it might be dangerous you assume they are going to take the lead and enter first, but not Igor.

            The theme of identity returns once again. Dr. Frankenstein does not want to be associated with his late grandfather. He changes the pronunciation of his name to try to distance himself from the work of his grandfather. Changing the pronunciation of his name does not mean he can escape being a Frankenstein, since it is in his blood.  Overall, a well done movie.
           
           
                       














2 comments:

  1. I loved Igor! I thought he had some of the best lines in the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree Igor was my favorite character only because he broke the fourth wall.

    ReplyDelete